Friday, March 15, 2013

make me a gardener

Dirty hands
Who's got 'em?
I got 'em.

Gardening? Yes, please.  



There are 365 days of gardening to be had in California.  
I will need all of them.  I am new to this gardening thing. I mean, I have helped others with theirs here & there. But this one is all ours. I consider this year, mostly, a trial run.  I won't get on myself too much if things don't go as planned. But, I do want to produce a ton of food.  Like, a TON.  I feel like there is a pipeline going from Brady's wallet to the grocery store.  And what's worse?  It's not even the food we really want to be purchasing. Which is orgainc and local. It's also very costly here in California.  I know people say that a lot and it's totally true.  Those state taxes really get ya. Bummer.

  Seeds

Of all sorts.  Veggies, Herbs, flowers and fruit.  I used to work with Rainbow Seeds, these guys are the best!


Kayla dropped by on Tuesday to help me get them going.  
Dang, too busy having fun to get a snap shot. 


At first this packaging really peeved me. Do not put my mangos in plastic, that's dumb and wasteful.  But, you know what?  This turned out to be a pretty sweet little/mini greenhouse. This container contains Skyscrapper Sunflowers and Nasturtiums.   


Poor Brady.  
Always has to put up with me saving all kinds of cardboard.  If it's not for makeshift postcards it's something else. In this case, it's for planting seeds.  And these worked wonderfully. Not to mention they were free and out of his hair in a relatively timely fashion. Although, they are wearing out quickly. Eh, we'll see.

 There is this wonderful planter. 
 It's a strawberry planter, but there are no strawberries in here. 
 Just herbs.

My boys enjoying the beautiful weather and the great outdoors. 

Music...

and then there is this...

 And one more for good measure.

That should do.  Ah, summer.  It's coming I can totally feel it heatin' up.




 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I can't wait to see your garden. The magoes are intriguing! You've inspired me to write my blog now. Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete