Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blessing

Last year was a leap year.  
Remember?  
Which means that last year on this day I had my Blessing way.  A beauty filled get together with strong, wonderful women to help prepare me and bless me on my path into motherhood. 
Every soon to be mother or soon to be mother again needs one of these.
It is not a baby shower.  There are no games, no presents to unwrap in front of everyone(not that I had that type of Baby Shower).  Just lovely women celebrating one women and acknowledging the amazing work at hand. It's spiritual.
 A huge and endless thank you to Dana(far left)for organizing this for me.  It wouldn't have been w/o you friend. 
And a big thank you to Emily, in the middle there, for the grounding part of the Blessing way.
And, Grace.  Thank you, Grace, for the string that everyone wore until little sunny came into this world.  What a great way to unite everyone.
And the lovely Maddy.  Thank you for strong words of advice and that wonderful reading that Rose had passed onto you. Lovely. 
I love that all the mothers wore their birthing necklaces(Anna raced back home on bike to grab hers).  These lovely ladies also brought beads and buttons and shells for my own birthing necklace, which I cherish dearly.
And it couldn't have fallen on a better day.  Earth day.  It just felt right. There was food and song and tears and joy and smiles and more.

  
There was even a foot bath with wonderful oils.  This was hands-down the best part.  Oh, man I needed that foot bath.  Pregnant lady feet are no joke.




There is clearly a "whoa" look on my face here.  I like thatThen look at Beth next to me(what you can see of her face)she's just calm.  I remember Beth getting up and getting me some food.  Thanks Beth!
So 

much 

laughter


Beth has a really great powerful laugh, I can hear it in my ears right now!



Bummer there are no pictures of the photographer Anna.  Thank you Anna for capturing these moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment